In 1900, a fire destroyed all papers of the cemetery records. Trustees in 1902 were H. Horrocks, H. Walker, A. Allen, W.C. Hollow, and W. Young.
In 1912 chairman of the Trust was J. McLaughlin, secretary, R. E. Cunningham, Treasurer John Moore, with W.C. Hollow and J. W. Milne as Trust members.
On the initiative of Mr Jim Milne in 1958 the grave sites were surveyed by Mr O. Smith and the blueprints of same were received by the Trust. The Minister for Health paid the cost of 72 pounds.
Jim Milne continued to gather information about the grave sites, talking to relatives and visitors on Sunday afternoons at the cemetery. Geoff, his son, took over as secretary in 1972 and continues this work today.
Mrs J. Kay of Tarrawingee has gathered information and researched records to create a written account of burials.
Mr H. Plemming of Springhurst, has been researching cemetery records of several areas in the district, compiled an alphabetical- date list of approximately 800 El Dorado deaths. Many, but not all are interred in El Dorado. Link PDF